Dear Parents and Guardians,
Spring 2021 Colorado State PSAT/SAT Assessment Windows
The Colorado Department of Education has a typical state assessment administration season that is currently scheduled to resume in spring 2021. As with most aspects of education, state assessments have needed to be adjusted in response to COVID-19 conditions. Currently, CDE’s testing scheduled administration windows for PSAT and SAT are included below.
CO SAT For Grade 11
- Pre-Administration Session: April 6, 2021 ~ 10:25 am - 11:30 am
- Primary Test Date: April 13, 2021 ~ 7:45 am - 12:30 pm
- Make-up Test Date: April 27, 2021 ~ 7:45 am - 12:30 pm
CO PSAT for Grade 9
- Pre-Administration Session: April 7, 2021 ~ 10:25 am - 11:00 am
- Primary Test Date: April 14, 2021 ~ 7:45 am - 12:30 pm
- Make-up Test Date: April 28, 2021 ~ 7:45 am - 12:30 pm
CO PSAT for Grade 10
- Pre-Administration Session: April 8, 2021 ~ 10:25 am - 11:15 am
- Primary Test Date: April 15, 2021 ~ 7:45 am - 12:30 pm
- Make-up Test Date: April 29, 2021 ~ 7:45 am - 12:30 pm
Online Students Receiving Remote Instruction
Parents who have chosen remote learning for the year have already indicated that they do not want their children in school buildings. The parents of online learners have already indicated their desire to excuse their students from all in-person activities, including assessments. While some traditional in-person activities are provided remotely, state testing cannot be. The District nonetheless offers parents of remote learners an opportunity for their students to take the assessments.
Parents of remote students must complete the Online Student PSAT/SAT Intent to Participate Form. Here is the link to the form. https://forms.gle/EAumCNevgeMrVTpBA
Students Receiving In-person Instruction
The high school is planning to assess students who are receiving in-person instruction, within state and local health and safety protocols. Consistent with state statute requirements, the assumption is that in-person students will test, with the exception of students whose parents have notified the district/school that they are excusing their student(s) from testing.
Parents who are seeking to excuse their student(s) from testing should complete the In-Person PSAT/SAT Testing Opt-Out Form. Here is the link to the form: https://forms.gle/34WbWHrboT5g1if48
All Students who take the PSAT/SAT have the option to participate in the optional questionnaire portion of the preadministration session. To participate in the optional survey students must return a signed consent form. The forms are posted at www.dncsd.org and links are provided below.